Parent Training Live Session
IMSA Parents and Families,
Join us on Zoom or Facebook Live as IMSA teachers and staff lead parent-facing workshops about technology, educational software, and other topics. These sessions are designed to educate and empower parents so that they can help students with their learning. Schedule of sessions and links below.
Zoom link for all sessions:
|Topic||Date and Time of Live Zoom Event||Link to Join Zoom||Link to Watch On Facebook Live|
|Zoom – A Parent’s Guide – Part I (Connection, Audio/Video, Basics)||9/21/20 @ 5pm||Link||Link|
|Edgenuity for Parents – Part I (Basics)||9/22/20 @ 5pm||Link||Link|
|Concept SIS (Check grades, missing assignments, functionality)||9/28 @ 6pm||Link||Link|
|Google Classroom – A Parent’s Guide – Part I||10/6 @ 5pm||Link||Link|
|Google Classroom – A Parent’s Guide – Part II||10/26 @ 4:30pm||Link||Link|
|IXL – A Parent’s Guide (Assignments, Grading, How to boost scores)||10/27 at 5pm||Link||Link|
Link to Archived Recording from past events
PTO (Parent Teacher Organization)
The PTO had a very successful 2019-2020 year in bringing fun filled activities and support to our students and families.
- Our first school wide activity was in September, with the school wide book fair. Traditions at Solana, a neighboring assisted living development, donated $500 to our Grandparent Night during the book fair. Thanks to this generous donation, all students who brought a Grandparent to the book fair, received a FREE book.
- In October, the PTO hosted a Bingo Literacy Night for K-5 Families. This evening was well attended by over 45 families, playing a variety of Literacy Bingo Games.
- November was the biggest event of the year, with the Thanksgiving Food Drive, providing 100 Turkeys and Food Baskets for our own, IMSA North families. Mr. Jackson, a parent and PTO member, was instrumental in securing a $1,000.00 donation from Cargill Foods.
- In December, the PTO sponsored three IMSA North families. with Holiday assistance.
- February, the PTO sponsored our first annual Palentine Party for grades K-5. Students were able to celebrate Valentine’s Day after school, with their friends and family members, playing board games and puzzles.
- In May, the PTO donated funds to both the 8th Grade and High School Graduation committee needs.
Our fundraiser proved profitable throughout the year, with two school wide skating parties. The PTO is excited to continue our success in providing family activities and assistance to our IMSA North families in 2020-2021.
August Town Hall Meeting / PTO Meetings