You can now fill your Health Clinic Consent form out online!
|Your school has a nurse practitioner-run clinic where students can get medical care in the school building if they become ill or injured during the day.||Nurse practitioners are nurses with a Master’s degree who are licensed by the state and able to examine, diagnose, and prescribe treatment for medical problems.||The only requirement for a student to be cared for by a nurse practitioner at your school’s health clinic is to turn in a fully completed consent form.|
At Shalom, our mission is to provide affordable and accessible health care for all. With our school-based clinics currently closed, Shalom is proud to introduce to our students, families and school staff a more convenient way to access health care services at any time and any place- Telemedicine! Parents and patients can attend appointments face-to-face with our health care team, using a computer or a telephone! The benefits of Telemedicine include removing transportation barriers, offering less wait times, assuring patient privacy, and minimizing exposure to illness. We are here to support the health care needs of our school community during this challenging time.
Contact Shalom to learn more about scheduling a Telemedicine appointment today!
CALL ShalomHealthCenter.org. #shalomhealthindy.–
En Shalom, nuestra misión es proveer fácil acceso a la salud de todos y a un bajo costo. Debido a que nuestras clínicas escolares entan cerradas, para nosotros en Shalom es un orgullo presentarles una manera muy conveniente de accesar al cuidado de su salud desde cualquier lugar y a la hora que usted lo desee . Lo llamamos Telemedicine! Padres y estudiantes pueden atender a sus citas médicas virtualmente con uno de nuestros médicos o proveedores de salud usando su computadora o su teléfono celular. Los beneficios de la Telemedicine incluyen que esas barreras del transporte ya no las tendrian, menos tiempo de espera, se mantiene la privacidad y sobre todo se minimiza en estos momentos el estar expuesto a enfermedades. Nosotros estamos aqui para apoyarlos en cuanto a su salud se refiere y sobre todo en estos momentos en que la comunidad escolar esta atravezando por momentos bien difíciles.
Por favor, contacte a Shalon para conocer más acerca de como hacer su cita por Telemedicine hoy mismo.
Llame al ShalomHealthCenter.org #shalomhealthindy–
- Who We Are:
- At IMSA-North there is one clinic that is staffed by a board-certified family nurse practitioner affiliated with Shalom Healthcare Center. Teresa Driskell, MSN, FNP-BC is the full-time nurse practitioner at IMSA-N. A certified medical assistant, or CMA, works in the clinic to care for our students with the nurse practitioner. Kennika Seats, CMA and Sandy Hernandez, CMA will also be assisting in the clinic.
- All students from K through grade 12 with a valid consent completed and turned in can be seen in the clinic across the hall from the teacher’s lounge, next to the copy room.
- The clinic is open and available to provide care to students only during school hours. We are not able to provide care for afterschool activities. Teachers and staff are able to reach the clinic via phone or walkie-talkie during school hours.
- What We Can Do:
- Nurse practitioners are uniquely suited to the school-based clinics as they can assess, diagnose, and treat medical illnesses as well as provide education and coordination of care where children spend a lot of their time each week.
- Nurse practitioners are able to prescribe medications and send those electronically to your pharmacy of choice after a child has been seen.
- We can administer routine medications to students in the clinic with prior arrangement.
- The clinics also have over-the-counter medications and first aid supplies available.
- We also have some basic lab testing to use, but we are not able to do blood work, xrays, or more complex lab testing on site.
- We are happy to work with your primary care provider to share care so your student can be healthy, well, and in class to learn.
- If you don’t have a primary care provider, we can assist you in establishing care with our pediatrician at Shalom.
- We also have resources through Shalom to assist families without insurance to sign up for coverage for the children.
- Consent Information:
- In order to legally care for your child, we MUST have a completed consent for each child for each school year. This consent includes medical information that is necessary for us to provide safe care. Please be sure to fill out the forms fully. Links to the consent forms and permission to administer medications are below.
- Contact Details:
- To contact the clinic, call (317)259-7300, extension 210. You may also email to email@example.com or to Ms. Teresa directly at Driskell@imsaindy.org.
- At times we may need to contact you somewhat quickly to discuss your child’s health. Because we know parents cannot always answer their phone while at work, we may use the school alert system to send a message to your cell number to call us as soon as you are able or send you a text message to the cellular number you have given.
- You may also opt to enable messaging through the patient portal of our charting software, which allows us to communicate securely through the medical record. It also allows you to receive information each time your child is seen in the clinic. To do this, you will need to provide your email address to the clinic.
- School Attendance Guidelines:
- Per Indiana State Law, students may not return to school until they are free of temperature over 100.0F, vomiting, and diarrhea for 24 hours. This is without medication to decrease the temperature or stop vomiting or diarrhea.
- If any of these symptoms occur at school, we are required to send your student home and they must stay home for 24 hours after symptoms resolve without medication to treat them. We are able to give your student an excuse for this absence.